Dilusha Samarasekara, an Associate Member of RSSL, has initiated a captivating article series focusing on Software-Defined Radios (SDRs).
With in-depth knowledge and expertise in the field, Dilusha provides a comprehensive exploration of SDR technology, its applications, and the evolving landscape of amateur radio. Stay tuned for a fascinating journey into the world of SDRs with Dilusha’s insightful articles.
- Introduction to SDR
- A bit of a History
- What is an SDR?
- Why should I care?
- What can I do with an SDR?
- Understanding sample rate and bandwidth
- Getting Started with SDRSharp
- Comparison Between popular SDRs
- A word about generic RTL-SDR Dongles
- RTL-SDR Dongle v3
- Nooelec Family
- Airspy Family
- SDRPlay Family
- LimeSDRs, BladeRF x40, and Ettus B210
- Special purpose SDRs
- Future of SDRs…
- SDR Buying Guide
- Low Noise Amplifiers and RF Filters
- Low Noise Amplifiers
- Best practices for using LNAs
- RF Filters
- Web SDRs & How to use them
- What are Web SDRs?
- Why are Web SDRs important?
- How to use Web SDRs
- Let’s talk more about KiwiSDR…
- How to Decode AIS Data with a SDR
- How does AIS Work?
- Antenna Requirements for AIS
- AIS-catcher for Windows
- AIS-catcher for Android